This is a lovely display cabinet by W. & J. George Ltd, which made laboratory apparatus and instruments.
W. & J. George Ltd traded at Great Charles Street, Birmingham (1928). The company was founded prior to 1897, and took over F. E. Becker & Co. in 1897 with the company retaining original name until 1950 when it was renamed W. & J. George & Becker Ltd.
The cabinet is oak-framed and glazed, and has a sliding door to the front, on which is a makers label. It is likely that it contained laboratory scales or other laboratory equipment. More recently it has been adapted to take two glass shelves.
The approximately dimensions are as follows: height 42 cm, width 46 cm, depth 30 cm